Monday, April 1, 2013

A Look In My BIG Bag!

by Kris Pitcher

Phone charger, wallet, prescripion bottle, coin purse, tiny notebook, Shelly's posing suit, a seam-ripper, 2 chapsticks, 2 lipsticks, 3 lip glosses, some feminine hygiene items, 2 pens, hand lotion, an envelope with an email address on it, several receipts, a package of kleenax, a spice bottle with fennel seeds in it, nail file, bracelet, two rings, only 1 pair of earrings, a (clean) pair of socks, zipper baggie with ricola, mini medicine cabinet pouch, dental floss, 2 phones, and 3 loose business cards...

This is what's in my purse right now. There's still room for a meal. Wow. That's a lot of stuff. What a jumbled mess!

Is it a wonder you can find anything in your purse, your gym bag, your car, your life?! We sure do need a lot of stuff. This purse is my home away from home. And I'm away from home, a lot.

Over the course of the week most of my jewelry ends up in there as I strip it off at the gym and throw it in. The nice thing is, it's there when I need to accessorize. That's handy.

My computer bag is less of a mess. Because everything is in my purse! My gym bag, another disorganized matter. It's probably a bacterial nightmare. I'm lucky I don't give myself MRSA.

Well, I'm not sure what the point is here. It wasn't to brag about my bag. It was to illustrate all the stuff we carry around. Stuff we need to put away, stuff we'll file later, stuff we ought to throw out. Stuff, stuff, stuff.

The clutter overcomes us and overwhelms us. It's spring, clean out, clean up, and clean house! Get rid of the stuff. Put it in it's place. Take it out of your purse. Clean it out of your car, your gym bag...your life.

Simplify. Stop stuffing stuff in, and de-clutter. It will feel really good. Now, what am I going to do with all this stuff?! I'll start by cleaning out my purse. I can certainly throw out this envelope with the email address. Done!

That does feel better! Now you try it. Enjoy spring and get a handle on your stuff! Time to clean up. Lighten your load and let go of the stuff that's dragging you down. Let. It. Go!  

No comments:

Post a Comment