Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What's Next?

by Kris Pitcher

If there's one question I've heard a lot lately it's, "What's next?" It almost makes my brain hurt. What's next...what competition is next for me? The other iteration is, "Are you done?" Done? I'm not exactly sure what that means either...

Done implies finished. I am not finished competing. I am however "done" for a while. It's called off season. We've talked about that. I have goals to work on, things I need to accomplish to make me more competitive.

What's next is a fair question. I will need to re-qualify. If you place in the top 5 at a national show you are still qualified at the national level. That's not where I placed. As such, I will need to compete at a national qualifier and place in the top 3 to re-qualify. That's what's next.

When will that happen? Also a fair question. A year out. Potentially next fall. I'll take a year to grow and make progress, then I'll diet down and compete. I'll get that re-qualification then it will be time to pick a national level show.

My husband and I have talked about getting on the same diet/competition schedule. There's a concept. It works for us to diet together so there's no problem there. And it's nice to be able to vacation and eat together. We're working toward that. Getting on the same competition schedule.

That's what's next and I'm pretty excited to be moving forward with my off season plans and goals. The work begins and we'll see if we can't make some significant improvements this year. It's always exciting to see what you can do given the focus and attention to diet and training.

What's next? Getting bigger and better! Here we go! Stick around for the journey, let's see what we can bring to the national stage next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment