Saturday, July 28, 2012

Chicken Spray

by Kris Pitcher

People are always asking about recipes to make chicken taste better, less boring. They're interested in spices, sauces and cooking methods. This isn't about any of that. It's about chicken spray.

I eat a lot. I eat frequently. I eat in my office all the time. Most of the time I don't even bother to heat my meal up. What's the point? Besides, it's nice to have a cool meal in the summer. It is such a frequent occurrence that I'd be making tracks to the microwave so often my co-workers would wonder if I ever actually worked.

But I am aware however that my office smells funny. It smells like...chicken. And not in a fried chicken let's go to a picnic kind of way. It smells like chicken in a - did you take your sweaty sneakers off way. Not good.

So, I made chicken spray. That's right. Like repellent, only for chicken smell. What you may not know about me is I love essential oils. I love to be around them, to smell them, and to make things with them.

My current chicken spray is coconut/vanilla. Yummy! You just get yourself a little spritz bottle, fill it 2/3 full of water, 1/3 with rubbing alcohol and add 15-20 drops, or so, of your favorite essential oil. It's so easy I'm embarrassed.

Now you've got a room spritz. I spray this concoction in my office to ward off the chicken smell and make me feel like I'm at the beach. Happy eating! (Don't put this on your chicken.)

No comments:

Post a Comment