Friday, August 3, 2012

Use an Ounce of Protection

by Kris Pitcher

It's that wonderful time of year when we can finally catch some rays. Do people still actually sunbathe? I think they do. I've taken to covering up since I was about fifteen years old and I'm grateful for a good SPF. Are you using protection?

I still see and hear people using sunbeds to get a "base tan" so they don't burn. That's like having "practice sex" so you don't get pregnant.

Don't get me wrong, I love the sun. When I'm out in it, I cover up with a good UVA/UVB SPF 50 sunscreen. The rules to reapply are every 90 minutes. And you should be using about an ounce to cover yourself.

A broad brimmed hat is great to shade your face and neck as well. Who wants crepey skin? I always have a cover up in my bag for when I have just had enough. Being able to put on a loose long sleeved tunic is a relief in the heat.

But sunscreen isn't just for summer. I use it all year round. Protecting your skin is the best thing you can do for anti-aging. Forget the expensive anti-wrinkle creams, fillers and lifters and use an ounce of protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment