Monday, June 3, 2013

Chasing Crazy Hairs

by Kris Pitcher

My latest photo shoot has been great for my ego. I'll admit it, it's been nice to have such positive feedback. One of my fb friends, who is also a client of my husband, her husband thought I was in my 20's. Thank you Jennifer's husband.

Now, I have to laugh because my raw, authentic, self is all but glamorous and I've had a nagging reminder of that this week. You know that hair on your chin you can feel, but can't find when you are deep diving into the mirror?

Please tell me it's not just me? Well, if it is only me...just wait until you are also in your forties. That crazy hair is going to sprout from your chin, I promise. You'll be putting on lip gloss with no tweezers in sight (mistake number 1) and you'll see it. Holy crap!

How could I miss THAT! Then it's like a hang-nail, you just can't stop touching it, wiggling it, feeling it. So, then I get home and immediately arm myself with my tweezers. Nothing.

I mean I cannot find that hair for anything. I wash my face and look into the magnification mirror (scary). Can't find it. This thing feels like it must be the size of a toothpick. It is thick! Why can't I find it?

Determined, but also tired, I retire to the recliner. And my fingers paw at my chin. THERE IT IS!!! Back to the mirror I go with the lights on, chin to the sky...nothing. This is unfair. It's like I'm being "punked". Punked by a crazy hair!

I have been chasing this hair for a week. This crazy hair is out of here. One way or another I am getting rid of it. There is no room for it, none! What totally beautiful woman even has hair on her chin? None of us!

Waxes, creams, potions, lotions...you name it. This chin will be smooth as a baby by days end. And I will be done (for now) chasing crazy hairs. God speed for a smooth chin ladies! Crazy...

1 comment:

  1. I'm only 36 and I know EXACTLY what you're talking about! My wonderful husband plucks my evil chin hair for me. Oh, and the one on the side of my neck too. You know. The one you don't notice until it's 2 inches long...

    ReplyDelete