Sunday, January 1, 2017

Team Pitcher's New Addition: Your Contest Prep Coach, Kris

by Kris Pitcher

2016 was a great year. It was a year of accomplishment personally and professionally. I met my goal of competing at the highest level within the NPC. I brought a package better than the previous year. I excelled in my professional job, contributing to one of the highest performing teams in the country.

One personal accomplishment I've kept under the radar is...I became a Certified Personal Trainer. I've been connected to the health and fitness industry for more than 20 years. I worked full time in the industry for 11 years and made the choice to take my career in a different direction 10 years ago.

It was at that time I allowed my ACSM and ACE certifications to go. It was a painstaking decision. But certifications are expensive to maintain when you aren't using them. My thirst for knowledge never left, nor my love of the industry.

Ironically, it was at that time I was able to focus on my personal fitness taking my competitive pursuits to the National level. Ten years later I'm more ingrained in the competitive field both locally and nationally. The time had come.

I wanted to be able to legitimately take on my own clients. This meant gaining certification, renewing my CPR/First Aid, and getting insurance. I accomplished those things the second half of this year. Now it's time for some fun.

I'll take on a selective load of clients both long distance and locally. Whether the goal is weight management, a healthy pregnancy, strengthening prior to a knee replacement, or competing...I can help you get where you want to go.

Nutritional science is my background and has been a personal interest and area of personal growth for me for over 25 years. It's where the magic happens.

There you have it! My secret is out. I'm looking forward to 2017, a year of growth for Team Pitcher. And another year of growth for me personally and professionally. You can visit Team Pitcher to contact me, or to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment