Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Time to Fly!

by Kris Pitcher

It's time to jet out of here! Time to fly! Twenty weeks ago if you asked me how I'd feel taking this leap of faith...I wouldn't have been able to tell you.

Yet as I get ready to head to the airport, I feel a lot of things. I feel excited, anxious, nervous, grounded, ready, humble, and I just want to get there and do it. I've been able to put the "what if" scenarios out of my mind and focus on what I need to do.

I have packed, re-packed, taken inventory, counted, made lists, calendars, and not worried if my husband did or did not pack underwear for himself. I'm not concerned if he packed anything for himself. I'm pretty sure he did. I hope he did.

I am confident I have done all the work, I have prepped my best physique ever and it is really exciting. I am in my absolute best condition, ever. In the contest against one's self I have won. And that is all I control. The rest is outside of my realm and I release it.

Today I take my leap of faith in self. It becomes real for me as I step on that plane and take my competition to the national level. It's a place I am proud to be going and honored to be amongst the athletes I will stand with.

Thank you for making the journey with me. Thank you to those who have chosen to support my efforts. I carry that responsibility with me as I go. I am a grateful steward and appreciate your help.

My journey at the national level will continue through the summer. I have entered the NPC USA's in Las Vegas at the end of July. For now, we'll take things one step at a time. Flight by flight, leap by leap. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. You're amazing Kris!!! CanNOT wait to see what takes place this weekend!! Good lucky and Happy Jr. Nationals Weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete