Friday, October 11, 2013

I May Go Totally Nude

by Kris Pitcher

It started with a week of rebelling against my mascara. Now, my eyelashes are blond and you CANNOT see them without mascara. But I figured, what the heck.

I wondered if anyone would notice. "Do you feel alright?" "You must have a migraine?" "Should I turn out the lights on my way out?" Nothing. Nada. Zip. I don't think even my husband noticed. Although to his credit and my good fortune...he thinks I'm beautiful with my crazy hair and slobbery face first thing in the morning.

So, then I pushed the envelope. The next week I skipped my eyeliner. No comment. Nothing. This week, beginning Tuesday (and I did have a headache) all I did was put on my Oil of Olay, and my BB cream.

Wednesday I went all out...just the BB cream. GASP! Ok, I did dawn my favorite mac lipstick. But in my attempt to simplify my morning I skipped out on the blush, the eye shadow, liner, mascara? And so far, no one's asked if I'm having a crisis.

Frankly, I don't think anyone looks up from their phone long enough to even notice. My facebook profile picture is still the same, so who would ever know!

What could be the next step? Going totally nude?! I'll be ready for Paris in just my lipstick in no time flat! Seriously, I don't know what all the primping is about, no one seems to care? My little experiment with make up has been eye opening - or not if you really missed the liner...but you get the idea.

If my skin were in better shape, my pores smaller, I would go nude. That, or I may move to Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment