Friday, June 17, 2011

Unicorns Fabio & the Lottery

by Kris Pitcher

Fantasies come in all shapes and sizes. For some (who shall remain nameless) winning the lottery is a fantasy, for others it's having long flowing hair like Farrah Fawcett...again I will remain nameless. Dang!

What makes a fantasy a fantasy? In the case of unicorns, it's they just don't exist. Please apologize to all the seven year old girls in the world for me. I don't think Fabio exists either...sorry ladies - if you're into that kind of thing. Ick!

For some though, the fantasy isn't so untouchable. It's just simply out of reach. We think to ourselves, "I could never have/do/be [fill in the blank]! That would never happen for me!" But what if it could?

It can. The only thing standing between you and your fantasy is a good solid plan. If you think you can go from "A" to "G" - you've missed a few steps along the way. G is too far off, so you put it out of your mind. It becomes your never.


You can make your nevers happen for you by breaking down the steps to getting there. By looking at the outcome (aka: fantasy) we can work backward. What would it take to make that happen? And then drill down one level. What would it take to make that happen? Drill down another level. And so on.

Finally, you come to - today! What will you do today to work toward making your fantasy your reality? Now, I know my sister is right - I am not (likely) going to win the lottery.

So, each day I work to make my fantasy life come true. I work hard, I write, I do things which feed my soul, and I pursue the things that make me happy...right now. Begin to make a plan, step by step, to work toward your fantasy life - even if it includes Fabio!

No comments:

Post a Comment