Saturday, December 3, 2011

Raise Your Empty Cup!

by Kris Pitcher

I don't mind washing the laundry, or folding it for that matter. But when it comes to putting the laundry away...I'm at a standoff. I can easily put my husband's laundry away. Socks in this drawer, t-shirts over here etc. Yet somehow when I look at my own drawers I don't like what I see.

First of all my drawers are already full. I can hardly stuff another thing in there. Second, I don't even like what's in there. I just kind of wear the same things that fit in the 3 loads of laundry I do each week. Hmm?

And things are rubbing me the wrong way. I mean, the season is changing, and it's also off-season...so I'm changing. And I just feel like everything is strangling me. So, I thought of a solution.

It's time to empty my cup. My cup? That's right, it's time to empty my cup. It's too full. Literally! When our cup is too full, we can't make room for other things in our life. There is no room for new opportunities, or for new experiences.

If our cup is always full we aren't open to new ideas, to new ways of doing things or to new paths in our lives. Empty your cup. What is keeping you from allowing new possibilities into your life? What is filling up your "drawers" with stuff you don't like? Taking up space in your life?

So, I'm going to empty my cup, and my drawers. I'm going to change out the seasons - that's dieting vs. off-season, so I don't have to look at those size four pants which won't fit for awhile. Tiny tank tops...outta there! I need to make room for new possibilities.

This is a great time of year to empty your cup both literally and figuratively. Give to those in need and allow for opportunity to come into your life. Make room for a new way of doing things, or for a new path to take its course. Raise your empty cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment