Monday, June 25, 2012

Horoscope Or Hair?

by Kris Pitcher

We all have ways in which we decide what kind of day we are going to have. Many rely on the scale to determine if it is going to be a good day...or a very bad day.

To me, the scale has way too much power. And you know how I feel about the numbers. They are such a poor representation of your work, your progress, your composition. I use a different method.

I use the horoscope or hair method. First of all I can tell right off the bat if it's going to be a great hair day. The moisture content in the air, the amount of towel drying, precision product use, all of these things and more go into whether I will have a good hair day...or not.

Because my hair has such a life of it's own, I don't put a lot of stock in it being perfect. Ha! It's never been perfect. And the beauty is - no one would ever notice. I think to everyone else, it pretty much always looks the same. Only I notice the distinct nuances in a curl here and there.

Using this measure, I'm most always going to have a great day. Works for me. Now, once I get to work as I'm heating up my meal I take a look at my horoscope in the newspaper. First, I take note of how many stars I am assigned for the day.

Three stars, not such a great day. Now, a five star day is going to be great. Combine that with curls that are behaving and I've got a winner! Then I read the horoscope itself.

Sometimes I like it. Sometimes I don't. When I don't like it, I revert to the hair method to determine how great my day will be. I always have that to fall back on. When the horoscope is fantastic, that becomes the forerunner in determining how my day will unfold.

See, you need a more complex system to determine what kind of day you're going to have than just stepping on the scale. You are not getting enough information there. You're also limiting your chances of having a great day by only using one method. This is why I recommend the horoscope or hair method. You double your chances of having a fantastic day, most every day!

One or the other is going to be good. You're set! I don't know if my particular methods will work for you, but my suggestion is you find yourself some additional ways to determine what kind of day you're going to have. Put that scale away and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment