Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I Woke Up Fat

by Kris Pitcher

The most unfortunate thing happened Monday morning. It was a shock really. I won't exactly blame it on the peanut butter bars my colleague brought to work last Thursday. Although they were gooey and warm when she arrived with them...

I couldn't possibly blame the Quarter Pounder with bacon I ate on Saturday. Never blame bacon. So when it happened on Monday morning I truly shouldn't have been in such shock. But. I. Was.

Monday morning, I woke up fat. It was an unfortunate realization. I didn't like it. It felt bad. Pudgy, it felt pudgy. And that's how it happens.

An extra bite here, and some snacks there. Sure, I've got a plan - which I'm eating. But things got all loosey-goosey. Yes, that is a technical term. Stress eating? Sure, some of that too. Now what?

Now I do what I'm supposed to do. Eat my plan. Just my plan. And no, the Quarter Pounder BLT isn't on the plan. It's a shame...

But we've got a plan here and it doesn't include losing 25 pounds once it's time to diet down. So, it's time to get real, and reel it in. I don't get to be a "regular" person. I get to be an offseason dieter. Peanut butter bars? Not for me.

If you wake up one morning and it happens to you - you wake up fat...well chances are you know what to do. Chances are you've gone all loosey-goosey. The reality is you don't get to eat the way society eats unless you want to look like everyone else. I don't. My goals don't include that.

Back to the plan. Let's see what we can do! Maybe it's time you get back to it too? I'll see you on the plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment