Monday, May 12, 2014

What are NPC Judges Looking For - With Separation, and Not Excessively Lean

by Kris Pitcher

Scoring – Judges will be scoring competitors using the following criteria:
  • Small degree of muscularity with separation, no visible striations
  • Overall muscle tone with shapely lines, overall firmness and not excessively lean
  • Full general assessment
  • Healthy appearance
  • Make-up
  • Skin tone
The above criteria comes directly from the NPC website regarding the Figure division. This is what I'm working on this year. My feedback last season from the head judge was: too lean, too light

I also know the girls in the top 5 were fuller, bigger, and thicker than me...with way better butts. I've been working on all of that (insert smile). Staying in relatively good shape off season will help me to meet those goals and build the physique closer to what the judges are looking for.

Right now I'm sitting 13.5 pounds up from stage weight last year. And I hope to be carrying more muscle and I'll likely need to be a little fatter up there on stage. It's just that fat has to be in the right places.

My shape and fullness has to be right in order for me to have the right look. That means my backside has to be in shape. Glutes are a project in themselves. Glutes and shoulders...and back...and quads. OK, it's all a project!

The big goal is to be in shape, but not too lean. To put on muscle and look thicker and fuller by fueling without getting fat. We did a great job last season of growing into my contest, feeding me into my contest and being able to back off in the end.

That's the way you want to do it. Slow and gradual, then back off if you're ahead of the game. I trust the process fully to my coach, husband, and best friend, Jacques. This year, we'll both be prepping together. We do that well.

Small degree of muscularity with separation, no visible striations, overall muscle tone with shapely lines, overall firmness and not excessively lean...that is my mantra. Prep will begin soon! I'm so excited for the season to come. We've worked hard off season and I get excited to uncover what we have built. With separation, and not excessively lean...

Let's do this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment