Sunday, March 20, 2011

Let Your Senses Explore

by Kris Pitcher

There is no better way to explore than through our senses. As the sun begins to make sneak appearances, and we are teased by spring...I've become aware of conversations all around me about planting. People are already talking about their gardens this year. And that makes me think about one thing, farmer's markets!

Having grown up in a city with a historic and world renown farmer's market, I know how great they are. A true treat for the senses. We will be getting a year round indoor market here in Spokane USA this year which is pretty exciting. Any time I visit a place, I'm on the lookout for a farmer's market. Big or small, they are such a treat.

Local items, sustainably grown, fresh, many organic, in-season fruits and produce abound. Hand crafted cheeses, breads, and goodies galore! The smells, the textures, the sounds and the people. I love it!  

The next time you're in a new or different place, let your senses explore by finding a farmer's market. Enjoy a fresh look at a new place through local eyes. Pick yourself up some one of a kind items while you're at it. Open your senses and have fun exploring in your own city or the next time you're out of town!

No comments:

Post a Comment