by Kris Pitcher
Who doesn't love a protein packed pumpkin cookie! What? You've never had one...well here's your chance to enjoy all this season has to offer. Pumpkin is packed with fiber, potassium, vitamin A, and is low in calories at 80 calories per 1 C. So, preheat the oven to 350 and let's get baking!
Protein Packed Pumpkin Cookies:
- 1C pumkin
- 1/4 C applesauce (look for no sugar added)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 T protein powder, vanilla
- 1 T honey or agave nectar
- 1/2 C mini chocolate chips
- 2 C rolled oats (you can whirl in food processor to make oat flour, or use whole - works either way)
Combine all ingredients and mix well. Drop by spoonfulls onto baking sheet and press down slightly. Bake for 15 minutes. Makes 12 cookies. Enjoy!