Sunday, October 24, 2010

Protein Packed Pancakes!




by Kris Pitcher

Sunday's are about recharging in mind and body. Slow mornings, an extra cup of coffee while reading the paper - this is a day filled with ritual and family traditions really. For a lot of people, Sunday holds the family tradition of eating breakfast together. Yummy breakfasts, gooey, drippy, stacked up breakfasts! Mmm!

I've had this one in my back pocket for a while, but when I heard the raindrops this morning...I knew people would be in their pajamas cozied up ready for breakfast. So here is my favorite protein packed pancake recipe.


2 eggs


1/2 C cottage cheese (fat free)


1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder


1/2 tsp. baking powder


1/4 C frozen blueberries


2 T peanut butter (Adams)


Mix & drop by 1/3 C-fulls, cook on med/low heat in a sprayed pan. Makes 4 [100 cal/14 gm protein/3gm fat/3gm carbs]


You can enjoy your family traditions by making a few alterations to the old standbys. I would be surprised if your kid would eat this, so make those special Mickey Mouse shaped Bisquick ones for them. This protein power packed nutrition's for you!








No comments:

Post a Comment