Monday, October 25, 2010

Potty Mouth


by Kris Pitcher

I'm sitting in the stall, quietly minding my own business when..."Hey! How's it goin'?" My head shrinks down in my shoulders and I bring the toes of my shoes just under my slacks a bit more. "Me?!" I think to myself, but then the outside voice goes on. "Oh, I know...that was amazing, we have to do that again...yeah that works, bye."


I guess I'm one of those people who would prefer that you don't talk to me while were in the public restroom together, and if you do...I will let you know with a non response. I'M BUSY! But that's not what this is about.


Did you know that the most common cause of bacterial infection is fecal-oral. Read that one more time. Maybe say it out loud. Fecal-oral. Now, I know that you wouldn't talk on the phone while you were going to the bathroom. And I certainly know that you're not purposely mixing potty business with phone talking pleasure here.


But public restrooms are not clean places. I don't care what that check off sheet hanging on the wall says! Think about it, you've touched the door, the lock, you've done your duties, you've touched the lock, the door - and then you washed your hands. And that's how everyone else does it too. You did wash your hands really good right? So if you go in that stall and think it's your phone booth...fecal-oral. Keep it clean this cold and flu season and wash your hands, and by all means don't be a potty mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment