Monday, November 21, 2011

Shoot Behind You

by Kris Pitcher

For days I looked where I thought the shoot should be. With my trash in hand, "turn left as you exit" said the instructions. Maybe I need a key? I thought. My key didn't fit any of the doors that made sense. I couldn't find it.

Now, urban living etiquette suggests that you can't take your trash down in the elevator. That's just wrong. I had to find the shoot. I took my trash down the elevator feeling like I just couldn't figure this out. I looked up from where the trash room was, noting where the shoot should be.

The second attempt to find the shoot resulted in the same defeat. "I am a smart person," I announced walking back into the condo, "I should be able to find the trash shoot." No disagreement, but still no shoot.

What I hadn't realized was, it was right in front of me the WHOLE time. I was looking in the wrong place. I was looking to my left, and it was right in front of me...on my right. "TRASH SHOOT"

I have to say, it is exhilarating to let your trash go down the shoot. My point is, some things in life are right in front of you...well they are right behind you.

You need to turn around. You think you are looking at everything in front of you yet you aren't seeing all that is before you. Life has a way of putting what you need right in front of us, but we'll walk right past it.

What's right in your view that you aren't seeing? Is there something you've been looking for that you're missing? Is it right behind you? Take time to see all that is around you in your life...the shoot's behind you.

No comments:

Post a Comment