Friday, November 11, 2011

My Pack A Day Habbit

by Kris Pitcher

Have you ever stopped and looked at yourself and thought...is this out of hand? Maybe you have, maybe you haven't. But as I finished one and stuck another one in my mouth I wondered...is this too much?

I was tired, fatigued from it. I could hardly wait to get to my pack. I would flip it open, take one out and go at it. Practically before I had even finished it I was looking at the pack wanting another.

Right after I eat I have to have one. It's the first thing I think about after. And I have to make sure I have more than one pack. One in my purse, and I leave one pack at work. I found one pack in a coat pocket. I don't want to run out.

I figured out the cheapest way to buy them. In a 3 pack. Only a sucker would buy them one by one. You'd go broke! But seriously, I know I'm stressed, having trouble concentrating and it's a way for me to procrastinate.

So, the other day when I looked at the wrappers on my desk, felt the heaviness in my jaw and picked up the almost empty blue pack of sugarless gum...I thought - it's a good thing the muscles in my face don't hypertrophy! 


And I'm going to keep chewing this gum even if I go through a pack a day! If it keeps me from eating bowls of Halloween candy, left over cookies, doughnuts, cold floppy pizza and crock pots full of chili I am keeping my gum. (standing with fist in the air!)

I'm keeping this tool that helps me get through this wasteland of a workplace full of garbage around every corner. And if my jaw hurts I will rest it at home in the safety of my cupboards filled with clean eats and...you guessed it - more gum.

No comments:

Post a Comment