Monday, November 14, 2011

Expired Tabs and Christmas Lights

by Kris Pitcher

Pardon my Spanish, but Holy Frijoles! As I was driving to the gym this week I noticed houses with Christmas lights up! We haven't even had a chance to enjoy the neighbor's blow up Thanksgiving yard figures. I mean isn't it a little early?

I may be a little behind. I did JUST renew my license tabs...they expired in JUNE. Hey, I've been a little busy and I guess hyper focused. But can't we slow down a little. What's the rush?!

Seriously, things are moving too fast for me. Why is everyone in such a rush? Things take time. This goes for our fitness goals too. We want fast results. Super fast. People want to know what they can do in a week, two tops.

Well, let me tell you...you need to have a longer term vision than two weeks. These are lifestyle changes. Lifestyle means for the rest of your life. Not just until you meet a goal, or until the big race day comes and goes. It means FOREVER.

If you want changes to last, you need to make lasting changes. Huh? That means you keep doing it. You've heard me before, so this is where you can say it aloud with me. You only have to do weight management as long as you want it to work.

We've got the rest of our lives to be healthy, fit, and active. As we think about what changes we'll make, we should be looking for ones we can live with. And we don't have to be in a hurry. Because we know that slow and steady wins this race.

Now, if you need to put up your Christmas lights before Thanksgiving go for it. But I will not be keeping up with the Jones', I never have. Although I will renew my tabs on time this coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment