Friday, February 8, 2013

Aging Is An Attitude

by Kris Pitcher

It happens every year. It will happen to you, and it's going to happen to me soon. Birthdays! Some people love having birthdays and some people fight it every step of the way.

Aging is an attitude. I look forward to a few more grey hairs so my hair is lighter. I pay a lot of money for that! Life is all in how you look at it. What's your attitude about aging?

My contest prep progresses each year and I get better. I get smarter. What's not to love about that? Each year I learn more about my body, how it responds, and what works. It's a process of refining.

Looking forward to the next year, and the year after that is just part of the attitude. There's nothing to shy away from about it...not yet anyway. I hear people say, "Oh, to be 25 again!"

Well, no thank you! Even knowing what I know now, I wouldn't want to go back. You can't reset the course of your life. You've taken the course you've taken. That's how you've arrived where you are!

You take your mistakes, the things you've actually done right (both of them) and you look to your future. This is where the anticipation comes, the attitude there's something to look forward to as you age.

I'll spend this birthday celebrating quietly...there will be no fan fare, no cake, no party or special meal. It will be leg day, we'll probably see Jacques' clients, do some posing practice and enjoy what we do.

Maybe I'll wear my tiara! We'll see, after all aging is an attitude and I've got plenty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment