Friday, December 27, 2013

Giving it Up in 2014

by Kris Pitcher

There are a few things you should consider completely giving up in 2014. I want to run them by you while you are in the process of developing your resolutions. Please consider adding these...I mean, subtracting these this, coming year:

  1. Beast-Mode: All year everyone, I mean EVERYONE, has been in beast-mode about everything. It's time to admit, this is silly. Everyone can't be a total beast. Let this one go. Give your shirt away.
  2. Killing It!: This should be obvious. You can't be killing everything either. Killing your bis! Really? Just do your workout. We know you've killed it. Tough girl...
  3. MY Way: Stop getting mad if someone isn't doing it your way. There's more than one way. This isn't a cookie-cutter deal. Stop hating on the way someone else does cardio. Don't be mad.
  4. Gangsta: I know you are not in fact a gangster. Please let being "gangsta" go. Just take your hoodie down and grow up.
  5. Bad Ass: I know, this is hard for me too. I even have socks to declare my status as such. But do we really have to stomp around and act like one? Feeling like one on the inside is fine. This gig is over.
If we can just let go of some of these tough exterior, self-driven, labels...we might just have a kinder, gentler 2014. Check yourself and decide if these things are really "age appropriate". Are you really making friends projecting yourself this way?

Put down your attitude and you might just make some new friends. You might just begin to surround yourself with people who have similar interests, who are on the same path as you...who aren't laughing at you.

I'm not exactly sure what the new year will bring, but I'm pretty sure these things are tired. 2013 used them all up and it's time to seriously consider giving them up yourself. Expand who you are and how you define yourself. Give it up this year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment