Monday, April 4, 2011

A Difficult Conversation...

by Kris Pitcher

Dear Dryer,

Apparently, we have a misunderstanding. I didn't want to have this conversation with you...it's a little awkward really. You know how I always clean out your lint trap before every load? I do that so you don't get choked up and over worked. It's because I care about you really.

So, I was surprised when - well this is hard for me - I was surprised when you started giving me back my socks and they were thread-bare. Hey, don't make that face, I know this is hard for you to hear.

It's just that I loved these socks. They have given me countless hours of cushioning on the treadmill. They fit just right in my shoes...they don't scrunch down and rub on my ankle. And sure maybe I've put a lot of miles on them, but what exactly have you been doing to them?

Don't get me wrong, I mean...you haven't lost a single one. I put two in, and sure enough you give me two back fresh and toasty warm. But see the thing is I'm going to have to replace them now and...I guess I just wanted you to be aware.

I'm going to look for new socks. And I hope I can find ones I like as much as I've liked these. When I do, just be gentle with them because I'm going to put a lot of miles on them too.

It's a big deal, being comfortable...so we're partners in this? I'm glad we had this talk...I really do love you - dryer. I don't know what I'd do without you.

Love,

Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment