Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Blindside

by Kris Pitcher

No one sees the blindside coming. That's why it's called a "blindside". If you're a Survivor aficionado you are very familiar with all sides of the blindside (BS).

Now, I've been on both sides of the BS and frankly it's no fun to be on either side of it. Having seen lots of Survivor episodes, you might even be able to sense or smell the BS coming...but you're never really prepared for what's about to hit you.

So, the other morning I decided I was going to step on the scale. Sure I'd enjoyed the holidays. Quite a lot actually. I knew what was coming. I wasn't about to be blindsided by the number. And hey, my pants were a little loser even in just a week of clean eating.

But when I stepped on there! Wow! Was I shocked. Blindsided like your worst tribal council nightmare. I looked down at my feet and back up at the balancing weight. Yep, there it was right in front of me. The naked truth.

Caught off guard yet knowing what's coming? How does that happen? Well, I hadn't stepped foot on that scale in at least six weeks. And like I said, I enjoyed the month of December in all it's glory.

If we aren't paying attention, things creep up on us. And we shouldn't really be surprised when they do? Right? Right. It might be smart to step on the scale a little more frequently, to touch base with where we're at.

Don't get BS'd by slacking off your program when things start going well. As you begin to make progress this is the time to be even more vigilant. It's the time to keep doing all the right things and stay on top of your plan.

Congratulations on the progress you're making in 2012! Keep your eyes open and your feet moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment