Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Re-Believe In You

by Kris Pitcher

We need reminders in our lives. My reminder for today is about belief. In Ice Age: The Meltdown, Ellie who is clearly a mammoth...believes she is an opossum.

Her brothers are opossums and so having been brought up with them, she believes she is one too. I'm like Ellie, I think we are what we believe we are. But maybe not in such literal terms.

For instance, if someone tells you that you are weak, insecure, and without value - you become those things if you believe it. On the other hand, if you don't believe it, it doesn't matter how much that person tells you those untruths...you know it isn't you.

If you tell yourself you can't do it, sure enough you can't. It's all in what you believe yourself to be. Do your behaviors follow who you want to be? Who you believe yourself to be? Or, do they follow what others say you are...or what you've been mindlessly repeating in your head?

The point is that it is up to you. What you believe about who you are is completely up to you. No one defines that but you. If you haven't been the person you'd like, redefine who you are. Reinvent, re-believe in you.

Statements of affirmation help us get the process going. You should try them, until you believe them. "I am strong and confident." "I am in control of my choices." "I am worth taking care of." "I deserve to be cared for." "I am supported in my efforts." "I am making choices to reach my goals."

Whatever reminders you need to start believing in yourself, you owe them to...well, you! We all need reminders from time to time. Start reminding yourself today.

No comments:

Post a Comment