Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Finding Gratitude

by Kris Pitcher

Finding motivation is an ongoing quest for a lot of people. Motivation isn't something external that happens to you, or channels through you. It's more of a sense of attitude.

Where do you see gratitude in your life?
A great place to get grounded in our attitude around motivation is gratitude. Searching for what we are grateful for in our lives creates a base for motivation. It always comes back around to what we value.

Gratitude can be found in odd places. I'm grateful for my 25 minute commute to the office because it gives me time to be in my head and think. It's creative time when I can be alone with my thoughts. I find inspiration, motivation, for my writing in these quiet moments. It's time I enjoy, and it's actually productive.

Where do you recognize gratitude in your life? Have you looked for it lately? If you slow down and notice, you'll see the base for motivation toward your goals there. Remaining connected to that takes work and practice. But you won't have to look far, it's all around you.

Center your attitude around what you're grateful for, and you'll be looking motivation in the face. Smile, you've found a beautiful thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment