Saturday, November 5, 2011

Dear Diet - The Cheat

by Kris Pitcher

Dear Diet,

Listen, there are some things we need to be clear on. Things I thought you understood. You're getting all emotional on me and over stuff I thought we had clear. I'm in this for the long haul...so I'm just going to be honest with you.

I'm. Going. To. Cheat. That's right, we have an "open" relationship. You knew that going into this, so don't get all weird about it. What you and I have is special, and we are exclusive. But sometimes, I need more.

It isn't just about what I want. It's about what I need. You keep me where I need to be that's for sure. But I'm smart and my body gets used to what you and I are doing. I have to confuse my metabolism, heat things up! Don't make that face...it's just for an hour.

You can see it right there on the schedule. Every Saturday night. It's not like it's ALL DAY. It's just one meal. You can even watch me if you want to. I mean, I'm not going to do anything I wouldn't let you see. And Sunday morning, it's just you and me again...just like always.

Plus, you know this helps me stay with you, and only you, all week. This one hour away from you lets me know I'm normal, eat what ever I want and know I have something to look forward to. It's there to stoke my metabolism and heat me up just like I need.

I will always come back to you. You keep me sane, in control, and meeting my goals. This is just a part of us, and I'm reminding you that you need to accept the cheat for what it is. So, I'm excited about tonight...and I'm excited about what you and I will do all week long. We're a good team you and I.

Love,
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment