Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Candy Public Service Announcement

by Kris Pitcher

The dentist really should consider peanut butter flavored polishing cream. Would you like mint or bubble gum? Really? How about peanut butter? Or something I would actually want to eat. I would love it if my mouth tasted like peanut butter for the residual hour following my cleaning.

As I enjoy the smooth clean surfaces of my freshly scraped teeth it makes me think of something I heard on the radio last night. I actually thought about it in the chair...but it's kind of hard to carry on a conversation with the hygienist.

Dentists recommend moderate Halloween candy consumption and recommend chocolate over sticky kinds of candy. They also recommend that candy be consumed in a supervised manner, and do not advocate unsupervised "grazing" of candy. Really.

We need a public service announcement for this?

Maybe we do. At least we've concluded that returning all your candy to the dentist in amnesty is not going to be very popular. So, a message worth sharing: moderation, supervision, quick melting.

Oh, and brush your teeth. Did I ever tell you that a Hot Tamale took one of my fillings out? True story. (I've never eaten one since.)

No comments:

Post a Comment