Friday, November 18, 2011

The Great Can Drive

by Kris Pitcher

This time of year there are many community food drives. I thought we should do a drive too. A can drive. I suspect your cupboards might be bare of canned items. In fact it's likely been a while since you picked up a can.

It's time to restock. But first, we have to clear out your can'ts. I can't be successful. I can't reach my goals. I can't lose the last 10 pounds. I can't find any self discipline. I can't make it to the gym. I can't find my willpower. I can't...

Clean house of your can'ts. It begins there. Then it's time to go on your can drive. What would you like to do? Is there a hobby you've been wanting to try? A class you'd like to take? Have you been wanting to learn another language, take a trip, change your job?

Once you clean out your can'ts you'll have room for all of your cans. It's a freeing process to think about what you can do rather than what you cannot do. There is so much you can do.

It's time to shift your perspective, to free yourself to think in terms of what you can do. Can'ts limit us while cans are unlimited. The sky really is the limit on our can drive.

Fill your pantry, fill your cupboards, make room for your cans. As you begin to realize your cans you will see there is nothing stopping you, the cupboard never gets full. There is always room for more.

Go out there and begin to do the things you want to do. Do the things you can do. I can see the smile on your face...the wheels turning. Get a box, you've got some cleaning out to do. You're about to go on the great can drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment