Saturday, November 13, 2010

Abs, Back, Butt & Hips - No Equipment Required!

by Kris Pitcher

I walked into the kitchen the other day to find my husband crouched on the floor. "What are we doing?" I asked just barely able to contain my giggles. "I'm working on some moves for my routine." He said unable to contain his. And that got me to thinking...there's a lot of exercises we can do at home, no equipment required.

This one is for the abdominals, back, glutes, and hips - how much better can it get? It comes from the American Council on Exercise (ACE) one of the leading certifying bodies for personal training.

This is a great exercise designed to work our core (ooh, buzz word), improve our stability, and targets our often forgotten back side. It's an intermediate exercise and is performed on your hands and knees. You can perform the same exercise lying on your stomach if kneeling causes discomfort to your knees.

Remember as your getting back up from the floor to roll to your side, bring your knees in and tuck your toes, and come up from the floor slowly on your way back up. We don't want to be seeing stars *%! Clear some space and get to it, no one's looking - let's see you do the "bird-dog"! 

Bird-dog - Abs, Back, Butt/Hips - Get Fit Exercise Library - American Council on Exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment