Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Random Acts, No One's Looking!

by Kris Pitcher

Do you ever catch yourself looking around...hoping you're not on candid camera? I certainly do. Especially when I'm doing something dorky - like moon walking in my socks on the kitchen floor. I'm not the only one am I?

In fact, I've seen you give the grocery cart a heft push, look left - then right, mount the back of that baby and fly across the parking lot! We all engage in these random acts when no one's looking.

Of particular health benefit are RAD's - Random Acts of Dance. The RAD dates back to...well I have no idea. But people have been engaging in the RAD since the beginning of time. Why? Because it makes us feel good. It's a tremendous stress reliever to move our bodies, and couple that with music and you've got the power of the RAD.

It's not always pretty. And it is done in public places...I've seen it. I've even done it. You've heard of the "Happy Dance"? Same thing as the RAD. Increased blood flow, oxygen uptake and a smile across your face are some of the benefits.

I come from a family of lovers not fighters, and in our household...we "hug it out". But why not RAD it out? Shake loose of the stress of your lives, put things into perspective and dance it out. Go on, no one's looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment