Sunday, April 10, 2011

Do What You Love!

by Kris Pitcher

No more mopin' around. No more waiting for the sun to shine, to hit the lotto, or for your ship to come in. Just plain get out there and do what you love!

Holding onto the attitude of "if, then" is holding you back. "If I win the lottery...then I'll (fill in the blank)." I bet we could all fill that blank in really easily. I could fill in a bunch of blanks! I've given that one a lot of thought actually...

But waiting means you're not doing what you love, right now. And if you're not doing what you love, you're not really living up to your potential...or even close. So, what do you do? You do things today to reach your dreams. Crazy? Maybe. But why not start your dream-thing today. Imagine the happiness you'd find if you did. What's the worst what-if? What if you were happy?

We do this a lot with our weight. If I was a size 8, then my life would be happy, complete, compelling, fulfilling, meaningful, and I'd be the most beautiful princess in all the land. What a load of malarkey! None of that matters if we're affraid to do the things we love right now.

The greatest gift from all this not waiting? Happiness today. Do what you love even if it's silly, selfish, or outlandish. Do it if it doesn't make sense, if it isn't logical and if people would think you were crazy. Do it because you love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment