Saturday, April 14, 2012

Loser!

by Kris Pitcher

Do you have what it takes to be a loser? That's right a loser? Usually we want a winning attitude, but in this case it takes a special kind of attitude to be a loser.

Weight management is a process. It's not a program that starts and ends. It is a process that is life long. You know my mantra: you only have to do weight management as long as you want it to work.

It's a losers attitude that this is something you will do for a lifetime. You don't just diet for a wedding, a reunion or a contest. You manage your weight for the rest of your life.

Recently I was explaining to my new colleagues (who I love) about my contest diet. I was eating chicken and broccoli out of a Pyrex container as I was explaining. One of them said, "I can't wait to see what your diet looks like if this is how you eat now!"

It doesn't look all that different. My habits don't drastically change...because it's something I do all the time. The amounts of food will change, but it will look the same.

It will look the same because I manage my weight off season just the same as during prep. We should all have that mentality. We always manage our weight. It's not a program that stops, but a process that continues. It's endless.

We don't get to a magic place and it's all over. Poof! We've arrived! Nope. If we want to stay there we keep working. Those same behaviors that get us to our goal, keep us there. This is the loser's attitude.

In order to be a lifelong loser, like me, you've got to make the mental shift. This isn't something you do for a short time. I've been successfully managing for 20 years. And I will continue to be a loser for the long haul.

No, it's not easy. But I am happy with the result. It's my lifestyle. And I'm OK with being a total loser! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment