Monday, April 16, 2012

Once A Day Mentality

by Kris Pitcher

There are some nuts you just can't crack. Coaching someone is one thing, but in the casual conversation I've learned to pick my battles and I pretty much know you don't want to hear what I have to say.

Somethin' wrong with the thinker!
"I never eat breakfast, that would only make me hungry!" It starts. "Besides, I usually only eat once a day...if I ate more than that, I'd be huge!"

I give up - I think to myself as I smile and nod my head. What I want to say is, "How's that working for you?" Because from here, you have zero lean body mass, and you might be height weight proportionate but you are FAT. Sorry.

When we eat once a day we essentially shut off our metabolism. Our energy takes a dive and we are in the basement of functionality. Of course eating breakfast makes you hungry - you are turning on your metabolism!

Because we are getting no fuel our body catabolizes itself, eating up our muscle mass and saving our fat for the final hours, just before death. We are literally wasting away. By doing this we lose the very tissue which requires energy and helps us burn fat. We stop our fat burning.

Now, we're just a small fat person. Gross. But hey, if you want to squish your fat into your size 4's and eat once a day by all means don't let common sense or science stop you. Your once a day mentality isn't fooling anyone. You aren't winning any health award either. You're just a nut.  

No comments:

Post a Comment