Tuesday, April 3, 2012

New Look!

by Kris Pitcher

I'm going to hear about telling you this, but I'm going to tell you anyway. I'm telling you anyway because there is a lesson here.

I wear glasses. When you wear glasses they are a true part of your identity. Getting new glasses is a big deal. It's fun to pick them out, and the day you actually get to pick them up...it's like a whole new you!

So, I went to pick up my new glasses which I wore for two days without my husband saying anything. Now, in his defense, we did have company at the house so he was distracted and I really only see him for two hours in the evening.

The first day I held my secret like a Cheshire cat. I was kind of giggly inside just waiting for him to notice. THEY SIT ON MY FACE FOR HEAVEN SAKE! Nothing.

The second day, I could wait no longer. "Honey, look me in the face." I demanded. "I see your new glasses," He said. "but I was busy talking."

Now...I think what he meant to say was - you look fantastic in your new glasses, I noticed them right away yesterday but with everything going on, I just neglected to tell you how beautiful and young you look.

OK, I'm getting to the point. The point is, we get caught up in the details of how we look. There are things that are really important to us, that other people don't really notice. We let things bother us that we shouldn't. We focus on little "flaws" which aren't flaws at all. In fact, no one else notices them.

Give yourself a break and cut yourself some slack. If you're a week past due for a hair cut, no one is going crazy over it except for you. Same with the minutia over your body parts.

He laughed and hugged me close and I told him I could see the crap out of him with my new glasses. He asked if I was disappointed, and I told him no, I love my new look.  

No comments:

Post a Comment