Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Cut That Out!

by Kris Pitcher

I lost a pound last week by doing NOTHING at all. Nothing! Well, OK...it wasn't nothing. It was doing what I was supposed to be doing. It all started with a plan.

See, I have a plan. And I had been doing my plan. But I hadn't JUST been doing my plan. I had been doing other stuff. I had been doing "extra curricular" nibbling, eating out and joining my husband for the occasional Friday afternoon tuna sandwich.

Yeah, see tuna sandwiches are not on my plan. So, when I decided it was time to tighten things up I knew I had to cut all that out. It meant getting really honest about all the things that I was doing "under the radar".

Sometimes we think we're following a plan, but we're actually doing a lot of extra curricular stuff that we aren't being honest about. So, week one - get back to the plan. And JUST the plan. I didn't change anything else.

When I announced that I was down a pound, Jacques asked what I was doing. He wanted to know if I started a diet? "No, I'm just following the diet you gave me. The one posted on the fridge." I told him.

And that's how it starts. You clean it up, and you cut out the funny business. My funny business included, as you know, raisins from the pantry, extra nuts while I was packing my meals...the occasional weeknight (tiny) bowl of ice cream, and cereal once in a while. Total loosy-goosey stuff.

My contest season began. It started with backtracking to the diet I was - mostly - doing. The difference is now I am doing it. I wonder what would happen if you cut out a little bit of your funny business?

No comments:

Post a Comment