Monday, February 7, 2011

All The Right Stuff

by Kris Pitcher

We have a track record of being honest with one another. So, I'm not going to sugar coat this...I'm a little frustrated. This isn't directed at anyone, and it is likely an over generalization. Lately, I've heard an echo of the same thing over and over relating to people's weight.

I hear people say, "I don't know, I'm doing all the right things and nothing seems to be working." When I hear something several times, I feel like the universe is sending me a sign. A sign to dish some tough love. So, pull your chair up to the table for a helping...because I just can't keep this to myself.

If you feel like you are doing all the right things, you need someone with an objective and trained eye to take a look. Translation. Ask. For. Help. Asking for help is hard. We want to do it on our own. We think we know what to do. Well? How's that workin for ya?

Nine times out of ten...I'd place a bet in Vegas you're not doing all the right things. Not exactly. Not all the time. There is always room to improve and refine. And to comply. Do you know what macro nutrient profile might work for you? Do you know the effects alcohol (even just a little bit) has on your metabolism? How much sugar are you consuming? How about nutrient timing and meal frequency? Hmmm...all the right things? Still sure?

When all the right things are happening and still no budge in the pudge...time to see your doctor. You may have a thyroid problem, a hormonal imbalance, a vitamin deficiency. You may be too stressed causing cortisol to pack away the fat. You may not be getting enough sleep. You may need to check your lifestyle. See? All the right things, really? Are you sure?

The thing is, there are many components to creating a lifestyle that works to manage our weight, balance our lives, our work, and our families. Doing all the right things all the time is difficult. Getting help to make sure you truly are is a smart thing.

Deep breath. So, when people make their claim, "...all the right things and it's still not working." I'll just take that as my cue to ask them more about what they're doing and see if I can help them put together, all the right stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment