Monday, January 9, 2012

Meet the Jealous Haters

by Kris Pitcher

Someone recently told me I was positive and I'm pretty sure he didn't mean "certain". I am a positive person, and that is a choice. It isn't an easy choice...it's a choice I may have to remind myself of several times a day on a difficult day.

I wish I had her...
From my perspective, if you go around filled with hate for someone or something...or nothing in particular, you're not hurting that person or that thing. What you're hurting is you. And where does that get you?

It gets you bitter, angry and eventually you're the person grumbling to yourself at the post office. We think it's going to "really show them", or "stick it to them". But "they" don't even know you're hating on them. So I don't see the point in going around with that disposition.

The same goes for feelings of jealousy. We have all felt jealous at some time or another. But constantly being filled with this emotion only affects you. It makes you crazy as it chips away at your self worth. And again, for what?

You can make the choice to feel confident rather than jealous, to feel positive rather than filled with contempt. In the beginning you may be welling up with negative feelings. Fake it. You have to learn a new habit.

Let the jealous haters go. They are sucking the life force right out of you and leaving you tired and mad. Choose something different. Create new thought patterns by faking it till you make it. I'm positive you can do it. *Smile.

1 comment:

  1. Kris - I was steered to your blog by a good friend of mine, Neda, and just wanted to say I love your message, your attitude, and your outlook... energy like yours is CONTAGIOUS! Love this post in particular about choosing happiness and relinquishing negative/draining feelings that do us 'hidden' harm... had some similar thoughts on my #besomebody blog as well. (http://besomebodyblog.com).

    thanks for sharing, and best wishes for an MINDBLOWING 2012! :)

    Kash

    ReplyDelete