Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Ultimate Stay Motivated Secret!

by Kris Pitcher

I've been holding this one back. I don't know why, maybe I didn't think you were ready. But I have the ultimate stay motivated secret to keep you on track for the whole year. Shoot, for the whole rest of your LIFE! It isn't snake oil, or poppycock, it's not a scam or a shim sham!

When I recently gave myself this gift, on Christmas day no doubt, I thought I had to share it with you. It wouldn't be fair for me to keep this to myself when all of you are ready to make changes, now would it? Why, with the New Year around the corner I know even though I have advised against it, you have your resolutions ready...so here we go. Are you ready?

The Ultimate Stay Motivated Secret IS - PROGRESS TOWARD YOUR GOALS! Are you seeing fireworks? Can you hear the trumpets? Did you see those white doves fly? I am grinning ear to ear because this WORKS! And I cannot wait for you to experience it. Oh, I'm sorry - did you think it was going to be a pill?

On Christmas day Jacques measured my body composition and low and behold...I was down 1%! My week of hard work, changes to my diet,  staying focused on my goals despite the cookies, fudge and fruit cake calling worked. IT WORKED! My early mornings on the treadmill even though I was on 'staycation' and wanted to cozy under the covers made the difference. Now that's motivation. Am I right?

This is simple positive reinforcement. The progress you will make toward your goals by working your plan will motivate you to continue to do the work. And it's hard work, I'm not going to lie. This is the secret! And if you do the work, I mean really do it...you will experience it too.

Sometimes I wonder, what does set me apart? How do I stay connected and focused? Well, here's the secret to staying motivated. It's the positive feelings I get from making progress toward my goals. Now you have the secret too. What will you do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment