Calories can add up in a hurry. With a bit of creativity, and an open mind, we can easily make some swaps that will leave us sleek in time for summer!
A lot of times we don't think about the calories here and there which add up over time. Before you know it, we're over our limit. This is how the pounds creep up on us year after year. Being able to swap items is important for our continued success. Here are a few great sleek summer swaps!
- stevia, cinnamon & vanilla extract instead of sugar, syrup or flavored creamer in your coffee
- no sugar added almond milk instead of soy or rice milk
- rice cakes instead of bread
- baked butternut squash instead of potatoes
- zero fat, no sugar added Greek yogurt in place of sour cream, cheese, heavy cream or buttermilk
- sugar free protein powder recipes instead of high calorie desserts
- try steamed spinach leaves, zucchini or spaghetti squash instead of pasta topped with canned crushed tomatoes, basil and your protein of choice
|Tuna, steamed veggies & tomatoes!|
Swapping for lower calorie alternatives helps up to use our calories where they matter, for foods that provide quality nutrients. It's all about swapping one thing for another, rather than cutting something out completely. Make a few swaps and see if you can't get yourself past your latest hurdle. Get swappin!