Friday, July 20, 2012

Your Big Bloated Lie

by Kris Pitcher

There are some pretty big lies we tell ourselves. Like, it's the 12th anniversary of my 30th birthday. Lie. I'm 42. Such as, I don't need 8 hours of sleep...I can do fine on 4 or 5 hours. Lie.

But the BIGGEST lie of all is one I hear a lot. Ready for it? "I'm holding water." Or, "I'm bloated." Guess what? You're holding fat.

I'm just holding water...
Today's tough love is brought to you exclusively by me, because that's how we do. We tell each other the truth. No, you did not have too much sodium yesterday...unless you went out for Chinese food. We need to talk if you did.

Sodium is a critical element which you need in your diet and you have in your diet on a regular basis - so it didn't cause a huge swing in your condition. You also haven't been bloated for seven months. You're fooling yourself. Big. Lie.

And here's the thing (play the nice music here) now that we've been honest, we can move forward. Sure it's possible your consistent diet of alcohol and nachos have you a little bloated, but they are also keeping you well insulated. F-A-T.

So you thought you were in better shape than you are. So what? Get over it and get honest so you can make some change. Let's see just how great you look when you get a handle on that 15 pounds of fat you're holding on to. No lie, you're gonna look great!

No comments:

Post a Comment