Friday, November 26, 2010

Get Organized! Where It Matters!

by Kris Pitcher

This is what's in my cooler.
I'm not organized in many areas of my life, but when it comes to food, food-prep, and food storage...I've got a system down. Being prepared (my inner Girl Scout) is the only way to have what you need when you need it. Seems simple, yet how often have you found yourself out there in the cold world without your meals and snacks. Once you're out there defenseless, you are forced to choose between the better of bad choices. Why put yourself through all that when you can just take what you need to keep yourself on track and in good graces with your values...ie. guilt free. Now that's priceless.

When I travel for work I plan ahead, look for a hotel near a grocery store, and I've been known to take my big purse with baggies of frozen chicken on the plane. When you sit next to me, you'll be noshing on your tiny pouch of salted cracker shaped things, and I'll be eating my protein. I have no shame.

Most days I take my cooler to the office and it's stacked with 3 meals, 2 containers of nuts, an apple (when I'm really splurging), and a diet grapefruit pop (the joys of off-season eating!). I use Pyrex glass containers with plastic lids that fit snug as a bug. My boss studies environmental toxins and she badgered me out of my plastic containers at the microwave - she's right I don't need those in me. So, I choose glass. Ah! Value laden Choices! There's one of mine. But, I found a nifty little gadget that's worth taking a look at to help you organize your meals on the go.

What I like about this gadget is that it's got one main compartment and 2 smaller ones so you can take 3 meals with you. If you're going to be away for 8+ hours you should have at least 3 meals with you. Add travel time, and a trip to the gym before or after and you may have a 10+ hour day. Be prepared and organized. It matters and you'll be a happy little Scout! I'm also a big fan of treats that are not food based...so here's something to get yourself when you meet your next goal, or add to your wish list.

Organize where it matters! On the go! Lunch on the Go by Fit & Fresh

No comments:

Post a Comment