Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Grow Your Glutes to Hit the Slopes!

by Kris Pitcher

Fall is in the air. At least it's right around the corner. if prediction has it we'll have a snowy year in the Inland NW. That means it's time to tune up the skis, or snowboard and think about training for the slopes.

Sure there's plenty of time, but many of you could be on the hills by Thanksgiving. And what do you need? You need some staying power in those legs. The power house muscles of your legs are your quadriceps, hamstrings, and the mack-mamas your glutes.

I have to brag that I actually grew my backside this year. Now, most ladies might not have that goal, but I worked hard to grow my glutes. And one of my favorite moves is the reverse hack squat.

I wouldn't recommend doing them barefoot (that's just gross and dangerous), and I would also work for better foot placement - close together. This machine doesn't really allow him to do that but otherwise this photo gives you a good idea of how to execute the exercise. The important thing is to stick your rear out - way out!

By adding this power move to your routine you'll be able to sit back and enjoy those long slopes with no sweat.

Try one to three sets with a weight you can press for 10-12 repetitions. Oh, and you will feel those glutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment