Saturday, September 17, 2011

Jelly Beans In My Dreams

by Kris Pitcher

I woke up on the floor of my office dreaming of jelly beans. I don't know which is worse, waking up on the floor of my office - or dreaming of jelly beans. I don't think about jelly beans. Jelly beans wouldn't be my first choice of candy...if I could have a piece of candy.

Sleeping on the floor? Oh, that's normal. I actually have a yoga mat, a rolled up blanket that I use as a bolster under my knees and a fleece vest I fold for a pillow. I made a special laminated sign that I put up on my door that says, "Quiet please, lunch in session." See, my office is keyed the same as several of my coworkers...and I actually had someone walk in while I was "meditating" one day.

Now, I don't usually fall asleep. But resting is wonderful. There are days though when I'm jolted to consciousness by the sound of someone snoring in my office. Hmm, couldn't have been me?!

As I get closer to contest date, sleep poorly, wake up at 3:00 AM and fatigue sets in...I rest when I can. But I rarely dream during these cat naps. So, as jelly beans swirled in my head I thought - what the heck?  I just filed that with the other random thoughts brought on by dieting.

This week a lot of people have been asking me what I'm going to eat after the contest. At two weeks out...my list is beginning to grow a little. I want sweet potato fries, an apple, pumpkin ice cream, and pulled pork. Add that to the waffles with peanut butter, the pizza, a banana, I saw a brownie I could get into...you can see how this could get off the rails real quick.

So, as the show approaches I'll be formulating my plan for "after". It will look much like "off season". Eating clean and focused with one cheat meal per week. I'll reintroduce some of my fats, increase a few things and get busy building more muscle. But right now, I need to focus on the next two weeks. The list of what I want to eat goes to the back burner - out of my head. OUT! Including jelly beans.

I've got essentially one week to make progress, then it's contest week where EVERYTHING changes. But that's another story. Until then, sweet dreams and another great week of contest prep! (smile)

No comments:

Post a Comment