Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Fitness Fairies

by Kris Pitcher

It became abundantly clear to me as I stood at my bathroom counter that the bathroom cleaning fairies were not going to find their way into my house. I had waited long enough. The standoff was over.

Armed with cleaning supplies, paper towels, and a sponge...I cleared the counter and put things away. I scrubbed and scoured. In no time at all the bathroom sparkled as well as it can. It was clean. I did it!

Why do we procrastinate the things we know only we can do? I know full well there are no bathroom cleaning fairies. Yet I waited for them for a good two weeks. I really thought they'd show up.

They didn't. And when I got sick of my own dirt...I had to clean it up. The same goes for our fitness. Yet we find ourselves in a standoff with it. We hope someone else will do it for us. We hope it will magically happen on it's own. And then one day we stand in the mirror to realize...we have to do it ourselves.

The standoff is over. No more waiting for the fairies to take care of it. We have to do it ourselves. This goes for taking care of ourselves, and as I recently found - for cleaning the bathroom. Get yourself in gear. Get back on track. Get to the gym. The fitness fairies aren't coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment