Saturday, September 24, 2011

My Best Ever - Coming to a Stage Near You

by Kris Pitcher

If you've ever had that dream where your mouth feels like it's filled with silly putty and you can't scream...that's what my head feels like. It's thick, slow, and I can't seem to clear it. (I'm not the only one who's had that dream, right?) I am not thinking clearly.

One week from today I will be on stage in all my glory. But this week didn't necessarily feel glorious. Fatigue has set in like a squatter you can't evict. I drug myself to work, to the gym, to the store...like a zombie. All the while I was thinking, "Last week - make it count."

Let's look at where I've come. On May 1st I was 138 pounds and 20.48% body fat. A mere 21 weeks later, I am 125.75 pounds of smokin' hot 10.5% body fat. (smokin' hot is a technical term) Essentially, I've had a net loss of 15 pounds of body fat, and a net gain of 3 pounds of lean body mass. That 3 pounds will make a difference on stage this year.

On Wednesday during the prime time line up, Jacques turned to me on the couch and said, "This is your best haircut ever." He is obviously thinking very clearly with all his faculties.  Random conversation.

I have done 9,030 minutes of cardio and have until Wednesday to rack up a few more. That's 150.5 hours of cardio or 6.27 consecutive days. That's a lot of cardio. I have friends doing 3 hours a day which squashes my numbers...I am so glad to only have averaged an hour and a half per day. Thank you lean off-season.

This coming week, things will change. Workouts will change, diet will change - contest week is upon us. How exactly? Not sure. It's a know as you go process. This is where you are glad to have a coach (and in my case coaches) you trust. A lot of competitors get all worked up about it, but I don't need to know until it's time. So, I'm not worried about what I'll eat on Wednesday...until then.

My suit tops are tacked in place so I don't have a Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction on stage. I've tried both suits on, they fit and look good. My hair appointment is booked for Friday, tanning is the only thing left to schedule. I do my own nails and make-up. I still need to clean out my competition bag and get all the right things in there. Later in the week I'll have to prep whatever food we'll take with us to the contest. Pancakes? We'll see.

Twenty-one weeks of preparation all comes down to this. I'm excited. I'm nervous. I have no idea who else will show up, how I'll place etc. I do know that I look substantially better than last season competing. I do know that I had a very productive off-season. I do know I'll be bringing my best ever to the stage. And I'm not just talking about my haircut (smile*)!

No comments:

Post a Comment