Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Picture Perfect

by Kris Pitcher

This may come as a shock to you, but I am not perfect. There, I've said it. It's out. I don't look like my profile picture...most days. My hair isn't always ironed out, I'm not in stage make-up, I don't have fake eyelashes on. I am not contest ready...I don't have a tan, and I'm not 10% body fat.

On the weekends, I don't even wear make-up at all except for my lipstick which I put on after I've had my share of the pre-workout drink that I then hand to my husband on the way to the gym. I am a real person.

And so are you. You are a real person too. You're not perfect. This process isn't perfect. You will mess up, you will get sick, you will have to travel...things will happen. It's OK.

Luckily, the paparazzi are not following me. Are they following you? I think of the fashion police and try to at least make sure I won't be cited by them when I go out. The point is, it doesn't matter.

You don't have to be perfect, look perfect or ever reach perfection. It doesn't exist. You just have to be you. And when you are, you are picture perfect because you're you.

I hope I haven't shattered any fairytale dreams of super stardom for you...but if you see me at the gym I'm just going to look like a regular busy person. Relax and cut yourself some slack, we're all already picture perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment