Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Letting Go Of Entitlement

by Kris Pitcher

You know the saying, you can't keep doing the same things expecting different outcomes? Yet, a lot of us keep doing the same things over and over, and wonder why things aren't changing.

Some thing's got to change. And it's your outlook about change. See, we want to continue the same behaviors for example, but have a different body. It doesn't work that way. It starts with giving up on entitlement.

You are not entitled to anything when it comes to food. I'm sorry if that's not fair...but it's just the way it is. Entitlement lies with feeling like you deserve something because it's owed to you.

I don't know the last time anything, or anyone, owed me a bowl of ice cream in front of the TV before bed. I am not entitled to it. And neither are my abs. So, if I want to make changes in my body, I have to be willing to make changes in my habits.

It's time to let go of your entitlement. It's easy if you're willing to say goodbye to your resentment. I know...we're digging deep here.

Feeding yourself out of resentment toward, or for, others is punishing you...not them. It's a behavior you need to grow out of. You're not showing anyone, tough girl.

Approaching change with our eyes open to letting these two things go is a great place to start. Viewing change as an opportunity to embrace taking care of ourselves is a healthy place to begin. Don't go beating yourself up over human nature either. Just let it go.

Move on, move toward making positive changes in your eating behavior for you. You can't do it for anyone else. You're doing it for you, to take care of yourself, and to meet your goals. Simple really once you let go of entitlement and say goodbye to resentment. Bye! Bye!  

No comments:

Post a Comment