Thursday, February 2, 2012

Control Your Destiny With Karma

by Kris Pitcher

You know how some people are just frantically haunted? They are a constant ball of nerves, neurotic...and tortured. I believe in karma. Karma is thought to actually determine a person's destiny in life.

What is it? Well, eastern religions believe karma to be the consequence of thought and behavior. Karma is an energy which provides the continuity from moment to moment, and lifetime to lifetime.

As they say, what comes around goes around. Karma is a good reason to "pay it forward", to live by the "golden rule" so to speak. It's a good reason to treat people with patience, kindness and compassion.

Karma is a good reason to do what's right even when no one is looking. Karma helps me rest at night knowing that my destiny in life will be good because of the actions I choose.

I believe you make things happen in your life, either good, or bad. Do you see opportunity, or do you see tortured victimization? It's all in perspective really. What can you make of any given situation, and what karma will follow?

If you believe in karma you really are in control of your destiny. Knowing that, what will you create for yourself? What will your destiny hold? How will you begin to pay it forward, or do unto others? Can you open your heart, or give forgiveness? Are you doing what's right when no one is looking?

And, if you believe in karma...the jerks of the world are in control of their destiny too, they just don't know it. Don't give them another moment of energy. Go on, control your destiny! *smile

1 comment:

  1. The way I look at is that whatever form of energy I put into the universe affects the energy I receive. If I put out positive energy I increase the net good in the universe, which is good for me and for those I love. You don't need to be "selfless" to want the world to be a better place--you can be completely "selfish" and act to benefit the whole because it's good for you.

    ReplyDelete