Sunday, April 29, 2012

Five Minute Cardio Program!

by Kris Pitcher

Cardio is an integral component of your program. It's one of your pillars of success as you look to burn fat and make a dent in those unwanted pounds. And you can do it in just five minutes!

Five minutes at a time that is. What I mean by that is breaking it down into increments you can handle. As a beginner, 10 minutes may be all you are able to complete. That's just fine.

Add five more minutes each week. Now, as a progressed athlete, or as a regular exerciser - you may be doing 30 or 45 minutes. Here's where the 5 minute cardio program comes in...it's a trick for your brain.

Can you talk yourself into doing just 5 more minutes? Usually you can. And when that 5 minutes has passed you're thinking, "That wasn't so bad!"

I'd be a liar if I said I loved doing cardio. I love it when my cardio is over. I love the feeling when I've accomplished it, and when I can check it off for the day. I love the fact that I get results from doing it.

But in the moment...I do not love it. I use the 5 minute trick because it works. Before I know it, I've done 25 or 30 minutes. By then I'm on the home stretch. There is no magic to getting it done, but there is magic to coping and making it easier.

Scrimping on your cardio is one of the ways to ensure you aren't making forward progress. It's easy to watch time fly by in increments of time. Try the 5 minute trick and see if you can do just five more. It'll be over before you know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment